Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tryouts are in session

I can't believe my baby turns 1 in 9 days. When did that happen??? Last year at this time, I was 36 weeks pregnant, thinking I had a good 3-4 more weeks before that baby was coming. ha! Little did I know, this kid operates on his own time!

Anyway, I plan to make all of the cupcakes for his big par-tay (obviously), so I am currently testing out potential applicants.
Possible options being considered include chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting, vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting, carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and apple spice cupcakes with brown sugar cream cheese frosting.

Today's applicant: good ol' chocolate. They look pretty damn pro (as you can see) so stay tuned for that recipe later this week...




Oh and for all you baby food nazis out there, these are cupcakes for the GUESTS at G's birthday party. Not for the cake that he will actually eat/smash. That is going to be a surprise and something I've never done before. That could either be awesome or disastrous. Guess we'll see?

No comments:

Post a Comment